FORAGE ANALYTICAL SERVICES
The Dairy One Forage Lab excels in providing high quality analyses and customer service. Our goal is to provide analytical services designed to meet the expanding demands of modern agriculture. New technology and traditional methods are combined to deliver fast, accurate results.
The traditional wet chemistry procedures can be applied to any sample type. Time-proven methods are used to determine nutrient composition. This is the only option for samples where no NIR calibrations exist. Most wet chemistry analyses require 2-3 days to complete.
Near Infrared Reflectance Spectroscopy
Near Infrared Reflectance Spectroscopy, NIR, is used for rapidly analyzing common forages and grains. Multiple components are determined simultaneously making results available within 24 hours! NIR is our most popular service and the choice of feed industry professionals.
Advanced services from the Dairy One Forage Lab have been developed to help you trouble shoot animal performance on farms. The services allow you to look deeper into the nutritional system at a farm or with in a group of animals to find the weak points. For example using processing and particle size analysis with fecal starch can help you work out problems with milk yield, milk fat concentrations, or concerns about subacute ruminal acidosis.
Grain NIR (322) $18: Available for corn, barley, oats, wheat, triticale, distillers, and brewers grains. Corn grains received starch digestibility (7hr, 4mm grind).
Commodity NIR (326) $17:Available for beet pulp, canola meal, canola seed, cottonseed meal, corn gluten feed, corn gluten meal, corn germ meal, grain screenings, hominy, wheat midds, soybeans, roasted soybeans, soybean meal, heat treated soybean meal, and soy hulls.
(207) Fermentation Profile $25: For evaluating silage quality – lactic, acetic, lactic/acetic ratio, propionic, butyric, iso-butyric, VFA score, total acids, pH, crude protein, crude protein equivalent from ammonia, and ammonia N as a percentage of total N. Goal, typical and graphical results are displayed to aid in interpretation.
(125) Total Fatty Acids $55: fatty acid profile including 14 individual fatty acids plus saturated, MUFA, PUFA, and RUFAL values.
(225) Corn Silage Processing Score $20
(226) Grain Particle Size $20
(229) Carbon $11
(181) Fecal Starch, NIR: Cattle only $12
(182) Fecal Starch, Wet Chem: all species $22
(450) Gross Energy $60
(611) Mold & Yeast Counts $26
(612) Salmonella $30
(613) E. coli $35
(443) Mycotoxin Panel $99
- Aflatoxin B1, B2, G1, G2
- Vomitoxin3-acetyl DON
- 15-acetyl DON
(16) Custom Package:
This allows you to design a package that best meets your needs. The cost of this service includes a $8 base fee plus the cost of the individual items selected.
(17) Sample Handling fee $15: Your typical 1 quart sample bag + sample should weigh as follows: hay, 100g (3.5oz); haylage, 300g (11oz); corn silage, 450g (16oz); ground grain/grain byproducts, 450g (16oz); TMR, 400g (14oz). Any samples exceeding these sizes may be assessed the handling fee at our discretion and without notice. This also applies to other atypical samples.
Samples with insufficient paperwork will be charged an additional $2 fee.
All prices (USD) are per sample. Each international sample is charged a $7 international handling fee. Prices and services are subject to change without notice.