Last Modified: July 17, 2019
WHAT INFORMATION DOES DAIRYONE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We collect information through the Services in several ways. Some of the information we collect is personal to you, primarily information that you provide to us (such as when you become a member or register to receive a communication from us). Other information is anonymous, aggregated or otherwise does not directly identify you. We collect the following categories of information:
- During registration, we ask for your contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- When you report a problem with a D1 Website, App, or service, we will collect contact information along with a description of your problem.
- When you contact us or communicate with us via the Services or the company email address, we will collect your contact information and any information you provide to us.
- When you order a product from us we ask for transaction information including your shipping address, phone number, email address and payment information.
- When you ask us for a customized product quote, we collect contact information and information about your product interests.
- When you post a review about one of our products, we will collect your contact information and any information you include in your review.
- When you participate in a promotion or survey, we will collect your contact information and any information you provide to us in connection with the promotion or survey.
- To customize the Services for you, we and our business partners may collect precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device if you have enabled location services on your device.
- When you visit and navigate our Websites, use our Apps, or open our emails, we may collect technical information about your use of our site including IP address, device identifier, and viewing information.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
Indirect Collection – Cookies and Other Technology
- Provide you with personalized content based on your use of our Services;
- Enable you to more easily use our Services by remembering and using contact information, purchasing information, and registration information;
- Evaluate, monitor and analyze the use of our Services and its traffic patterns to help improve our Services; and
- Assist us with ad reporting functions, such as to learn which ads are bringing users to our Services and which links our users are following.
A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive in order to allow our server to identify your computer or other device. It is not a computer program and has no ability to read data residing on your computer or instruct it to perform any step or function. By assigning a unique data element to each visitor, a website is able to recognize repeat users, track usage patterns and better serve you when you return to that site. The cookie does not extract other personal information about you, such as your name or address. Most browsers provide a simple procedure that will enable you to control whether you want to receive cookies by notifying you when a website is about to deposit a cookie file.
Indirect Collection – Third-Party Analytics Services
We may employ over time various analytics and marketing services to enable us to track your online behavior, including Google Display Advertising. In some instances, these services may use your IP address or other technology (where you have registered with us) to identify you as a user and match your activity with your member profile in D1’s customer relationship management system. This tracking enables us to understand your activity across our Services. We may use this utilization information to market D1 services and products to you but will not share such information with other parties for their marketing purposes.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use most of the information that is collected through your use of our Services to improve our Services and provide you with the best possible experience on our Services. We use this information to determine which portions of our Services are of the most interest to our users and how we can change our Services to improve the experience of our users. In addition, by using the information we collect, we can provide you with an easy to use and readily available forum to purchase products from D1 and its related businesses.
We may also use your personal information to:
- Notify you of other products or services available from D1;
- Enable you to participate in online transactions;
- Personalize online content so that is applies to you and your interests;
- Provide you with advertising based on your interests and online activities, or other interaction with D1;
- Make our products and services better;
- Compile, analyze and do research on our users’ demographics and behavior;
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Deliver the information, programs, products and/or services you request;
- Evaluate and respond to your inquiries and submissions;
- Provide you with customer support and membership benefits;
- Communicate with you through various channels, including postal mail, email, telephone, applications, online chats, in person, and social media;
- Process your payments and account adjustments;
- Create and manage your membership and account registrations;
- Evaluate and improve our products, services, memberships, benefits, digital services, and other operations (e.g., developing and analyzing new or revised products and services; performing market research and data analytics; creating and applying data models; and assessing the effectiveness of our Websites, Applications, communications, advertising, and marketing programs);
- Where applicable, evaluate your employment applications and contact you regarding potential employment;
- Protect against and prevent fraud and unauthorized transactions, investigate complaints and claims, and provide other security protections;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal obligations, our policies, and our terms and conditions; and
- Perform other business functions consistent with our mission and serve our membership.
We use and share location data only to provide and improve our service.
WITH WHOM DOES D1 SHARE MY INFORMATION?
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, delivering, or mailing, website development and operation, sending postal mail or email, analyzing use of the Services, processing payments, and processing data. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are contractually prohibited from using that information for any other reason.
Data in the Aggregate
We may disclose “blinded” or aggregated data and user statistics to prospective partners and other third parties. Blinded data is data that does not identify an individual person.
HOW DOES D1 PROTECT FINANCIAL-RELATED INFORMATION?
Keeping your personal financial information private is very important to us. We do not sell information provided by our users, whether financial or otherwise. Financial information may be shared by us in connection with products or services that you have requested. For example, when you make a purchase on our Services, we will transfer your credit card number, bank account number or other personal information to the appropriate credit card company or bank in order to process any online payments. Any user statistics that we may provide to prospective partners regarding financial matters are provided in the aggregate only and do not include any personally identifiable information about any individual user. We do not otherwise share financial information about you.
WHAT SECURITY PRECAUTIONS ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT AGAINST THE LOSS, MISUSE, OR ALTERATION OF MY INFORMATION?
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures designed to protect personal data against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. Despite our safeguards, however, no website, application, or information system can ever be completely secure so we cannot guarantee that the use of our systems, Websites, or Applications will be completely safe or secure.
Your D1 account information and/or D1 profile is password-protected so that only you (or others that you authorize) have access to this personal information. We use SSL encryption technology for credit card numbers, bank account numbers and passwords. Remember to sign out of your D1 account and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your D1 account by using your computer when you are away from it.
To ensure that you will not receive recurring marketing or other information from us unless you choose to, we will provide you with simple instructions on each marketing email from D1 for you to let us know that you have chosen to stop receiving such emails from us.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT MY PRIVACY?
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose information online, that information may be accessible to other customers and users. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
When you or we end your customer relationship with us, we will treat the information we have about you in the same way that we treat the information of existing customers.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write us at:
Dairy One Cooperative, Inc.
Attn: Communications Department
730 Warren Road
Ithaca, New York 14850
Make sure to state that you are a California Resident.
DO NOT TRACK
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. While the United States Federal Trade Commission has endorsed DNT, our Services do not support DNT codes. However, except in the case of analytics cookies and other features of Google Display Advertising described above, our Services limit tracking to the internal uses described above, including in connection with aggregated data. Except in the case of analytics cookies and other features of Google Display Advertising described above, our Services do not track your use across multiple websites. However, when we link to other websites not operated by D1, these other websites may track your activity in different ways. Please review their privacy policies to understand how you may be tracked.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
Upon request via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), we will provide to users a summary of any personal information retained by us. Users may modify, correct, change, or update their personal information or cause their personal information to be removed from our database. We will only send personal records to the email address on file for the user name associated with it.
Our Services are hosted and operated in the United States (the “US”). By using our Services, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to the US. If you are accessing our Services from outside of the US, please be advised that US law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
D1 does not directly and knowingly collect personal or non-personal information about or from children under the age of 13 through our Services nor does D1 utilize any method of acquiring or verifying the age of our Services visitors. Thus, D1 typically retains no known information about children. However, if a parent requests a review of information their child may have submitted, then D1 will make every reasonable effort to honor that request. To request a review or deletion of personal information your child may have submitted to dairyone.com, please e-mail email@example.com or call 800-344-2697. D1 is not responsible for the privacy practice of and use of children’s personal information by websites that D1 doesn’t operate and this policy does not apply to those linked sites.
Dairy One Cooperative, Inc.
Attn: Communications Department
730 Warren Road
Ithaca, New York 14850