Statistical Summary Guidelines
- The information contained in these tables represents cumulative statistics on samples analyzed and compiled by the Dairy One Forage Lab. It is updated on an annual basis to continually broaden the scope of the database.
- Dairy One uses over 450 different kind codes to classify feeds. Even so, samples arriving at the lab are not always adequately described. Every attempt is made to place feeds in the most representative category.
- This is uncensored data and has not been screened for outliers or unusual results. View samples with low numbers of observations or unusual results with caution.
- Some feeds or components may have extremely large standard deviations, especially the minerals. This can be due to large variation in the population or a few outlier samples that skew the overall statistics. If the number of observations is small, view these statistics with caution.
- Any information from this summary that is used for publication, must cite the Dairy One Forage Lab as the source.
- When formulating rations, actual analyses should be used. Information contained in these tables is provided for reference and educational use. Dairy One assumes no liability for rations developed using these data.
- Dairy One makes no claims regarding the accuracy or completeness of this data.
- All results are presented on a Dry Matter (DM) basis.