Cow Identification Pays
How many times have you seen a cow in heat but you were not quite sure who she was?
Mis-identifying, or not identifying animals clearly is one of the costliest mistakes a dairy can make. It is the foundation of your breeding program, your treatment program and the basis for any good records program. Fortunately, good identification of the herd is not a difficult management practice to implement and maintain.
Dairy One is your source for cow identification tags. Single or double tagging each animal for life, preferably with a tag that coincides with the last 3 or 4 digits of the USDA tag, is a system that has proven reliable for many dairies. For example, a heifer is born, she is given an ear tag of 21WXY0500 and tagged #500. This is her number for life. It is a system that is simple, clean and it works.
There are plenty of reasons to miss catching heats – let’s eliminate one of them.
Drop shipped to your dairy
Allflex ear tags can be drop-shipped to your dairy. Just ask your DHI technician to place an order for you, or order through the Integrated Farming Solutions department at [email protected] or 607-375-9963. Please provide your account number (herd code), name, phone number and shipping address when ordering.
RFID Matched Set Tags can also be drop-shipped to your dairy.
RFID Matched Tag Sets
- Direct quick shipment of custom tags to the farm
- Non premise ID tags (982) in stock with next day shipment
- Reorder through email or phone
- Experienced team will help you decide on the right option for your farm
- RFID numbers automatically import into BoviSync and other herd management software increasing accuracy and eliminating data entry
- Competitive pricing for in stock and customized styles
USDA Metal Ear Tags
To order USDA metal ear tags, contact your DHI technician or you can e-mail: [email protected], or call 607-252-7540. Please provide your account number (herd code), name, phone number and shipping address when ordering.